Thank you for your interest in working with NW Priority CU.
Consumer Loan Officer
Founded in 1928 we have aimed to exceed the expectations of the members we serve and the people we work with. NW Priority Credit Union boasts a very talented group of individuals and we strive to maintain a friendly environment where everyone wants to work. At NWPCU, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of the family.
NW Priority Credit Union currently has a full-time Consumer Loan Officer position available for our Main Office.
Working hours: Monday – Friday | 8:30 am – 5:30 pm
Location: 12630 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97236
Answers questions regarding credit union policies and assists members in applying for loans. Prepares loan documentation and enters into computer. Approves and closes loans.
- Performs lending functions in conformance with established credit union policies and procedures. Interviews loan applicants in person, by telephone and e-mail, gathering required information for credit applications, explaining loan options, rates, terms and collateral requirements.
- Provides routine information on credit union loan services, types of loans available, eligibility requirements, rates, terms and collateral requirements. Provides financial counseling.
- Recognizes members' needs for various services and cross-sells credit union services when appropriate or refers members to the appropriate department when necessary.
- Answers routine member inquiries regarding account balances, payment amounts, status or history. Gives Blue Book information upon request.
- Obtains credit reports when required, verifies debts, calculates monthly payments, calculates debt ratio, verifies income, determines collateral needs and verifies insurance coverage for each applicant.
- Approves loans to a predetermined loan limit. Refers loans over the predetermined limit to designated individuals.
- Prepares loan documents, including notes, security agreements, payroll deduction authorization, vehicle title forms, etc. Verifies that all documents have been accurately completed. Prepares disbursement checks.
Minimum Job Requirements: One-year prior loan interviewing or loan processing experience required.
Benefits Offered to You:
- 100% Employer-paid health, vision, prescription and dental insurance option for all full-time employees. 45% Employer-paid dependent coverage.
- 401(k) plan with generous employer match – NWPCU matches up to 4% AND gives 6% of the annual salary for each participant.
- 100% Employer-paid life insurance/AD&D package (up to $50,000)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Short and long term disability (We cover 50% of the premium)
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org