Since 1928 we have aimed to exceed the expectations of the members we serve and the people we work with. NW Priority Credit Union boasts a very talented group of individuals, and while we are growing fast, we strive to maintain a friendly environment where everyone wants to work. At NWPCU, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of the family.
NW Priority Credit Union currently have a full-time Collections Representative position available for our Main Office at 12630 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97236.
Working hours: Monday – Friday | 8:30am – 5:30pm
Administers the collection of credit union accounts 10 to 59 days more delinquent in payment.
- Contacts delinquent accounts by sending pre-generated notices at 16 days delinquent and calling members by phone. Records contacts and sets follow-up date in the computer to review account activity. Works from monthly delinquency report.
- Ascertains from member contacts the reason for the delinquency and assists the member in developing plans to bring the account to a current status.
- Discusses options with members such as skip a payment or loan modifications. Mails necessary applications or documents to members.
- Prepares and processes Small Claims Court documents. Acts as credit union liaison with process server. Acts as credit union representative at Small Claims Court proceedings. Files for default judgments and monitors judgments for payment or to renew before expiration.
- Responsible for communicating with Collections Specialist about accounts under 60 days delinquent that are cause for elevated concern, such as bankruptcy accounts and skip tracing accounts.
- Respond to impound notices and required follow up.
- Filing of claims for reimbursement of repossession costs.
- Process incoming IRS Levies and garnishments.
Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
Maintains filing for department.
- Successful completion of high school math and grammar courses in order to accurately compute payment amount and payoffs and to communicate effectively with members and staffing person or in writing.
- Two years Collection experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze potential delinquent loan problems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to exercise judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with membership and staff.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to represent the Credit Union professionally to members and to interact daily with staff and management.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Must maintain a high degree of accuracy in handling computer operations and entering data into the computer.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Proficient on a 10 key calculator and computer keyboard.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including employer-paid health insurance, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, short-term disability, long-term disability, AD&D, paid vacation/sick time.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org