Member Service Representative in SE Portland
Member Service Representative
Since 1928 we have aimed to exceed the expectations of the members we serve and the people we work with. NW Priority Credit Union boasts a very talented group of individuals, and while we are growing fast, we strive to maintain a friendly environment where everyone wants to work. At NWPCU, you’re not just an employee; you’re part of the family.
We currently have a full-time Member Service Representative position available for our Main Office at 12630 SE Division St., Portland, OR 97236.
Working hours: Monday – Friday | 8:45am – 5:45pm
- Performs all types of monetary/non-monetary transactions within established limits to prevent fraud and losses.
- Maintains and balances assigned cash drawer daily and follows security procedures and assigned cash limits.
- Recognizes members’ needs to proactively open, maintain and update personal accounts and refer members to other services such as loan services and investment services.
- Provide information on marketing promotions in order to effectively offer all Credit Union products and services, utilizing the Credit Union’s refer program.
- Provides routine information on credit union services, policies, membership eligibility, type of credit union accounts, inquiries regarding account balance, status and history.
- Completes appropriate documents and refers them to Accounting/Electronic Services for assistance when necessary.
- Balance, replenish cash and complete documentation for ATM.
- Completes job assignments delegated by MSR Supervisor.
- Responsible for complying with all laws, statutes, rules and regulations which govern the credit union, including but not limited to all components of the Bank Secrecy Act provisions of the US Patriot Act.
- Participate in required meetings and training.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Back up for Receptionist as needed.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum one year experience as a teller or one year customer service/retail/cash handling experience.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to represent the Credit Union with a high level of integrity and professionalism to members and to interact daily with staff and management.
- Requires thorough knowledge of credit union products to cross sell effectively to members, adhering to federal and state regulations and credit union policies.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain confidentiality in dealing with the membership and staff.
Email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org